Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Five Reasons To Wash Your Face Before Bedtime
I know that removing makeup is boring and can feel like such a core sometimes, especially when you’re exhausted. When you come home after a long, tiring day at work or a night out, or you spent the evening studying for an important exam, the only thing you want to do is just go to bed straight away. We know how important it is to remove our makeup and wash our faces but we just tell ourselves we can always do that in the morning. After all, what difference can a few hours make? A lot, actually.
Here are five reasons why you need to wash and perform your routine at night:
1. Cleansing your skin at night will lessen the amount of oil on the skin, removing acne-causing bacteria, which will result in fewer blemishes. Did you know that touching your face all day long, without intentionally doing so, is making your face one of the dirtiest parts on your body? It’s a fact that bacteria thrives in oil so why give bacteria a chance to cause blemishes?
2. Oil, dirt and makeup removal gives your skin a clean palette for applying your evening performance products for maximum effectiveness. Did you know that your skin repairs itself at night? When you sleep, your skin is at rest allowing for potent ingredients like retinol prescription retinoids and peptides to absorb deeply in the skin to accelerate the metabolism of your cells. This function is essential if you want your skin to behave and look younger and clean skin certainly makes these ingredients perform at their best.
3. Clean skin doesn’t dirty up your pillowcases. If you don’t wash your face at night, you are transferring a day’s worth of oil from your hair and face, as well as makeup, onto your pillowcase. If you don’t change your pillowcase daily (which most people certainly don’t), then all of this keeps getting added onto your skin each and every night. Clean skin is healthy skin.
4. If you have children, you’re setting a good example. Teaching kids the importance of caring for their skin is such a great gift. The simple act of washing your face and applying moisturizer is a way of treating yourself well and with respect, which then can be passed on to your children. Actions speak louder than words.
5. Moisturizers evaporate when on the skin all day, so washing your skin and applying moisturizer at night ensures it will stay moist and hydrated. Skin care ingredients simply don’t last so giving your skin a new application of products at night is essential.
Cleansing creams have long been known for their ability to effectively dissolve and digest makeup (especially foundation) and to thoroughly clean the skin; however, they often contained pore-clogging ingredients such as Mineral Oil and were often, “wipe-off” formulas. They also left a heavy residue on skin that made it difficult for a toner, serum and moisturizer to properly penetrate the skin.
Britannia - Gentle Cleanser is a cleansing lotion for sensitive skin that was created to effectively remove makeup, but contain lighter emollients designed with a “rinse-off” formula that doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue.
It provides soothing comfort to skin with redness, irritation, and rosacea-like symptoms. This lotion-like cleanser gently dissolves oil, dirt, and makeup without clogging pores or leaving a greasy residue behind.
How to properly apply Britannia - Gentle Cleanser
Apply a quarter-size of cleansing lotion for your skin type to dry skin and massage in circular motions for 30 seconds.
Wet your fingertips and massage through again for 10 seconds.
Rinse well and wipe over face with a baby washcloth.
There you have it – five good reasons to get serious about taking care of your skin at night.
For more information call us at 0925-567-5329 • 0908-865-5662 • 0917-566-1932 • 458-0717 and schedule a consultation today.
Monday, July 27, 2015
Friday, July 24, 2015
5 Common Adult Skin Problems
If you can relate and have also recently noticed changes in your skin, know that you are not alone. Our dermatologist has reassured that it’s not uncommon for adults to have skin problems. Thankfully there are several common afflictions that we can begin treating now…
Perhaps the most frustrating, this skin issue is most commonly associated with hormonal teenagers, but more than half of all adults who have had acne will continue to experience it into adulthood. Dermatologist can help to keep your skin clear.
A skin issue that most of us consider to be a childhood problem, eczema can present in adulthood. Thankfully, there are treatments like lotions, facial moisturizers, that can help ensure this issue is only a minor and occasional annoyance. Aside from topical solutions, cold compresses and soft, comfortable clothing can also help to soothe dry, itchy skin.
3. Hyperpigmentation and Sunspots
This one cropped up for me during my pregnancy, but it turns out that resulting damage from too much sun bathing or acne scarring as a teenager can first become visible in the adult years. If you suffer from hyperpigmentation, it’s important to uncover the relying cause and discuss your condition with a dermatologist before seeking treatment.
Initially cropping up around the eyes, there’s nothing that says, “Welcome to adulthood!” like finding your first wrinkle. Whether you opt to embrace the aging process or you choose to fight it with fillers and anti aging treatments, there are products and procedures at all price points, appropriate for any approach.
To smooth out the deepest of wrinkles, try Britannia AGE RESET. With Boswellia, grape seed oil, and soy peptides, it not only makes you look younger, its invigorating scent will make you feel younger too!
Redness on the nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead could just be a natural flush, but it’s important to know that rosacea is also a common culprit. This one does not normally appear before age 30 and requires treatment along with simple lifestyle changes to keep symptoms to a minimum.
If there are questions and concerns call us at 0925-567-5329 • 0908-865-5662 • 0917-566-1932 • 458-0717 and schedule a consultation today.