Bldg. 3 Fil-Am Friendship Hi-way, Pampang, Angeles City
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Common Rainy Season Disease
Common Rainy Season Disease
Malaria of course tops the list ofCommon Rainy Season diseases. The Female anopheles mosquito causes malaria; they usually breed in waterlogged areas.
Thus, clean your water tank frequently to avoid the risk of malaria. The common symptoms of malaria are fever, shivers, muscle pain and weakness.
2. Common Cold
This is a very very commonRainy Season diseasethat comes with the season and also due to temperature fluctuation.
Avoid getting drenched in the rain , ensure you look for a shelter to avoid getting soaked in.
It doesn’t just protect your clothes but also prevents you from getting sick and getting any infection.
3. Flu /Influenza This is a higher level of respiratory disease that occur more during the rainy season .
It can even result in more serious health conditions such as pneumonia and cause such serious complications as myocarditis, encephalitis, and patient can get hospitalized.
One of the most threatening features of influenza is that it can develop into pneumonia and cause such serious complications.
The high-risk groups are children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with underlying health conditions.
Cholera is another commonRainy Season diseasewhich is an acute intestinal infection caused by ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacteriumVibrio cholerae.
People who eat food or drink water contaminated by this bacteria have a high chance of getting infected.
One can prevent the occurrence of cholera by drinking clean water and maintain a proper hygiene.
5. Diarrhea This is another commonRainy Season disease, which is caused due to unhygienic consumption or handling of foods and water.
There are two main types of diarrhea – acute diarrhoea and chronic diarrhoea. Both of these are highly preventable and treatable.
In order to prevent this bowel problem, maintain proper hygiene, wash hands before handling food and drink only boiled water.
6. Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever The disease is most prevalent during the rainy season common in tropical and sub-tropical countries in the world.
It is primarily transmitted by the bite of theAedes mosquito ,according to WHO. Dengue fever is potentially fatal and mainly affects children.
7. Typhoid Typhoid is a water-borne disease, which is on high-rise during Rainy season .
It is a bacterial infection which is transmitted through consuming contaminated water or food. Poor sanitation also causes this disease to spread.
The common symptoms of typhoid are fever, headache, weakness, pain and sore throat.
In order To prevent the occurrence of this problem wash your hands regularly, avoid consuming street-side food or water and drink plenty of healthy fluid.
8. Leptospirosis Leptospirosis, also known as Weil’s syndrome, is a bacterial infection transmitted when urine and feces of infected animals such as rodents, contaminate the soil, water, and vegetation.
So listed above are the common disease that occur most during the rainy season .
Dont forget your health is wealth , Keep yourself health during this season and avoid any commonRainy Season diseases.