But are there other benefits we can achieve?
Regular running or jogging offers many health benefits. Running can:
- help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
- strengthen muscles
- improve cardiovascular fitness
- burn plenty of kilojoules
- help maintain a healthy weight.
Health and safety suggestions with running and jogging.
- Make sure you eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Avoid eating directly before going for a run.
- Avoid running during the hottest part of the day in summer.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your run.
- Take your mobile phone with you.
- If using an iPod or headset, do not have the music too loud – stay alert and aware.
- Wear reflective materials if you're running in the early morning or at night.
- Tell someone where you plan to run and when you think you'll be back.
- Choose well-lit, populated routes and avoid dangerous and isolated areas.
- If you injure yourself while running, stop immediately. Seek medical advice.
For more information, consult our doctors.
Make an appointment by calling 0925-567-5329 • 0908-865-5662 • 0917-566-1932 • 458-0717 and schedule a consultation today.